Monday, June 21, 2010

Natrual Hair?

Natrual hair (and yes I said "natrual") is hair without chemicals added. I have been amazed to know how many African American women have decided to go natural. Thousands and thousands of women in the Unites states alone have decided to take this journey. Just because your hair is natural does not mean your hair will not break or that it is healthy. There are still steps that have to be taken in order to maintain natrual hair.

Yes, there are African American women that have never added chemicals to their hair and then there are the ones that have used the "creamy crack" for so long and have decided to take the big step; SAYING NO. NO MORE RELAXERS. Personally I have been going through this for about 16 years. I found a picture at my daughters 3rd birthday. I had a boy cut and it was platinum. LOL. I was cute back then. I did that for a while and went back to the relaxer. In 2001 I decided I wanted locs, but did not want to cut my hair. Loc extensions was my transition method, but it just didn't feel write. So here comes the BC(Big Chop). It wasn't a big deal because remember I already had the boy cut back in the day. I HAD to add color to the BC so I had a Crimson Red TWA(Teeny Weeny Afro). I found someone to comb coil my hair until I could twist myself. So this started my journey to locs. My locs were started very thin and last me about 5 years. For some reason they began to fall out one by one, I had spaces all over my head. BC here I come again. I then decided on the Cream Crack. OMG, I hated the fact. I even cut my hair into a mohawk style so I wouldn't have "that much" relaxer. LOL. I couldn't do it any longer. BC here I come again. I have now been natural for 3 years. Since then, I have been product junking. I have done research after research on different products, transition styles, and anything else that has to do with natrual hair. You are invited to join me on my journey of natrual hair.

No comments: